Online payments to school with ParentPay!
On Monday 4 September 2017, Woodkirk Academy will become a cash free school. School meals, trips, etc. will need to be paid for online by using our secure service called ParentPay.
Making secure payments online using your credit or debit card
ParentPay offers you the freedom to make payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available.
You will have a secure online account, activated using a unique username and password; you will be prompted to change these, and to keep them safe and secure. If you have more than one child at our school, or children at other ParentPay schools, you can create a single account login for all your children.
Making a payment is straightforward and ParentPay holds a payment history for you to view at a later date; no card details are stored in any part of the system. Once you have activated your account you can make online payments straight away.
PayPoint payments are recorded by ParentPay and can be seen by logging into your ParentPay account and viewing your payment history online. The nearest PayPoint stores to school are:
One Stop – 13A Syke Road, Tingley, WF3 1BP
Premier, 16-20 Fairleigh Road, Tingley, WF3 1PW
Co-op, 396 Leeds Road, Dewsbury, WF12 7QU
Co-op, Bradford Road, Tingley, WF3 1SB
Asda, Howley Park Road, Morley, LS27 0BP
Batley Shopping Centre Alfreds Way, Batley WF17
Costcutter, 3-5 Dudley Avenue, Birstall WF17 0JY
Spar, 452 Bradford Road, WF17 5LW
Belle Isle Stores, 52 Belle Isle Road, LS10 2DF
Windmill Store, 211 Middleton Road, LS10 3HU
Please notify the School Office if you wish to use the PayPoint facility. A plastic card will be issued to you to make cash payments for school meals at local PayPoint stores. The first card is free of charge; however, any lost or damaged cards may have to be charged for. Payment cards take about two weeks to arrive but we can issue a barcode letter as an interim measure.
Trip and activity information letters will carry a unique barcode which will allow you to make cash payments at your local PayPoint store.
We hope you will support us in achieving our goal to become a cashless school. Your support in using ParentPay will help the school enormously, thank you.
You will receive your unique ParentPay Account activation details by the end of term
For further information on ParentPay please see the FAQs overleaf or visit www.parentpay.com.
• When can I log in to my account? Once you have received your activation letter from school with your activation login details you will be able to activate your account and start making payments. This letter will be sent to you soon by your school.
• Which cards can I use? ParentPay accepts MasterCard, Visa and American Express credit cards, and Maestro, Switch, Delta, Electron, Solo and Visa debit cards. Some schools may limit the use of credit cards for some transactions; you will be informed by the school directly of any such restrictions.
• Is it safe to make payments on the internet? Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school have access to your card details.
• How can I check that it’s secure? Standard website addresses begin with http: the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
• What about our personal information? ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account however; ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act 1998.
ParentPay will NEVER contact you by phone, email or mail and ask you to divulge confidential information like passwords or card numbers. If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to be from ParentPay, please contact us immediately on 02476 994 820.
• I do not have a home PC so how can I use ParentPay? Why not visit your local library, internet café or see if you can get access to a computer at work. Alternatively ask if you can use your school’s computers. Many schools have computers available for parents and will be happy to show you how to use them.
For more information please visit www.parentpay.com